It has always been a great challenge finding the right e-commerce vendor that fits in perfectly with your business needs, either you are expanding, diversifying or what have you. It is very necessary for a brand to be portrayed uniquely in the light of their competence.
Setting up an effective e-commerce enhances this objective as they can be leveraged as a support tool for the brand being promoted.
The following sufficiently sums up what you should do when you come to this defining point in time:
·Know your needs and research the vendor that can fulfill that need. It is pertinent, real pertinent, that you check out the vendor’s clienteles to be ensure that they can deliver what they say they will deliver. Check out their business delivery methods and processes. How long have they been in business? What is their success ratio? Do they have the required technical ability? What of personnel and the needed infrastructure? How good is their customer service? What is the cost of implementation and maintenance? Once you are able to determine these and other pertinent questions, your base is covered to some extent.
·Look for a true and dynamic vendor. Get one who is well-accustomed with your business process as well as the general business of e-commerce. It’s more like saying you need a ‘partner’ vendor that will be able to grow your business and establish your brand. This goes well beyond just the initial setup and launch of the system.At the end of the day, e-commerce is all about accomplishing set objectives. Ultimately, a company should choose a vendor that fully understands and can align with their objectives.
·Decide on the e-commerce solution to use. Generally, there are various forms of e-commerce solutions ranging from off-the-shelf to custom-built platforms. About 70% of a business needs can be captured by the off-the-shelf solutions, while the remaining 30% can only be fulfilled by customizations. Depending on what is good for your particular business, you can go for either of the two. But for small and emerging businesses that may be priced out of a more customized solution, the e-commerce solutions based on the popular open-sourced Magento platform is a very good alternative. Your e-commerce store can pretty well be set up and interfaced with multiple storefronts and marketplaces very quickly. For a global brand, this can be a good solution.
·Give your users what they need. The emerging trends in e-commerce solutions include those in the areas of balance in personalization, the social commerce, and the power of patronage through the shopping experience. A delicate balance between content and commerce is all that brands need to stand out. Consumers will always go for what they want and if you don’t give them, they will go elsewhere. Payl8r
·Be prepared to spend good money. Any good solution speaks of good investment. Be ready to invest good money. When launching a new e-commerce initiative, companies should be looking at spending about $50,000 or thereabout for its implementation. Customizations have to be done with a host of tweaking that goes with it. Note that because the solution of an e-commerce company is cheap, it means that their services may not be at par, and vice versa. Go for what is good for you.
In essence, these have a more profound focus and effect on the creative and speculative aspects of the brand you want to promote in association with commercial transactions. It is therefore very important to put into consideration some of the above basic check-lists before you make that far-reaching decision.